50 Hour Filmmaking Challenge Competition, IFP 2017
50 Hour Filmmaking Challenge Competition, IFP 2017 is organized by India Film Project. It invites application from 3 categories: professionals who have produced 3 or more than 3 films in the past, amateur who have produced none, one or two films in the past and mobile is open for all. All the teams will be given 50 hours to make a film (15th 8:00 pm to 17th 10:00 September 2017). The winners will receive recognition and certificates.
Awards will be given in each category individually:
- Platinum Film of the year
- Gold Film of the year
- Silver Film of the year
- Bronze Film of the year
- Award for film
- All applicants who submit films will receive certificate of participation via email after the fest
- India Film Project provides a competition theme, 5 minutes prior to the competition and each team selects its category separately.
- Films are to be made between 4 to 6 minutes because, for a good film produced in this competition, 4 to 6 minutes is an ideal duration
- Time: 15th, 8:00 pm to 17th, 10:00 pm September
- Applicants have to submit their movie by the upload link provided in their registered mail ID
- Apart from Uploading the film, the teams are required to sign and submit the documents online
- The upload link will be sent as soon the competition begins and will be closed at the end of the competition
- Only films submitted before the deadline will be officially part of the competition.
The following tasks have to perform by each team in the given period of 50 hours:
- Location and Art Design
- Dubbing and Background Music
- Color Correction and Rendering
- Compressing below 300 MB
- Uploading via link sent on registered mail ID
Team members will get the theme online:
- Will get through official website
- Will be revealed through SMS, Email, Facebook and Twitter as well
- Along with theme, 5 different categories will also be provided during the launch of competition
- Teams are free to choose any one category. All teams should get updates regarding the competition on Facebook
- The final video must be uploaded in MOV/MPEG-4/WMV format. The uploaded video should be strictly below 300 MB.
- The film titles should have 5 seconds of black, a title card with team name, film name, category, and year, 2 seconds of black, film
- The film must be the original work of the team and must not infringe third-party’s rights
- Must be suitable for publication and not contain obscene or indecent material
- Must not contain obscene or pornographic material, may not contain defamatory statements about any person, company, organization or entity
- Must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, company or entity
- Must not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations and may not contain any copyrighted elements not owned by the team.
- The film containing prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by the IFP, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate will be disqualified