The Rhodes Scholarships, University of Oxford 2018
The Rhodes Scholarships, University of Oxford 2018 invites application from Indian citizen who has completed graduation or will complete by the summer of 2018 with 1st class or equivalent. The objective of this program is to motivate and engage applicants with global challenges and to promote international understanding and its peace. The selected applicants will receive full tuition fee as a scholarship to study at the University of Oxford.
- The Rhodes Scholarship for which an applicant is applying is for entry to Oxford in October 2018 and may not be deferred.
- The Rhodes Scholarship is confirmed only upon successful admission to the University of Oxford.
- If there is no suitable applicant in any given year, the selection committee will not select.
- The decision of the selection committee is final.
Documents to be attached with the application:
- Birth certificate
- Copy of a valid passport (with translation, if necessary)
- An official transcript from the university at which an applicant is studying, or have studied, showing grades achieved
- If an applicant is neither a graduate of a university in India nor in the final year of graduation study at a university in India, he or she must provide evidence of formal study at an educational institution in India for at least 4 of the last 10 years as of the date of application and completion of a school leaving exam at a school in India (10th or 12th grade)
- A full curriculum vitae which should include details about prizes, scholarships, positions of leadership, involvement in student, voluntary, community or political activities and any cultural, musical or sporting accomplishments. This should not exceed two A4 (12pt) pages in length
- Applicants need to provide a list of six people as their referees
- A head-and-shoulder color photograph (jpg format)
- A signed personal statement of no more than 1,000 words which:
- Addresses applicants general interests and activities and what they plan to do with their life once they have completed their studies
- Discusses their aims and priorities and the contribution they have made and would like to make to their home country and the region
- Indicates the course of study and degree they wish to follow at Oxford
- Demonstrates that they are able to meet the requirements of the specific course they have chosen