Asian Environmental Journalism Awards 2017
Asian Environmental Journalism Awards 2017 invites application from professional journalists, reporters, and photojournalists who are citizens or permanent residents of an Asian country. The objective of this program is to recognize and reward excellence in environmental journalism at all levels of society.
- Environmental Journalist of the Year
- Young Environmental Journalist of the Year
- Environmental Story of the Year
- Environmental Media Organisation of the Year
- Environmental Photograph of the Year
Documents to be attached:
- Letters of commendation from colleagues, editors or supervisors
- Other journalistic works that cite your submitted article as a source or point of inspiration
- Positive feedback addressed to applicant to commend their work (must be dated and non-anonymous)
- Reports on environmental initiatives undertaken by individual or media organizations (e.g. environmental-related certifications and volunteer activities that show continued environmental commitment)
Period of assessment:
All articles which are submitted should have been published from 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2017.
- 17 March 2017: Launch of Online Portal
- 17 July 2017: Closing date for applications
- October 2017: Awards Ceremony at the SEC Conference 2017
Terms and Conditions:
- Applicants can apply for more than one category.
- A high standard of working English is a requirement for all applicants and the application form should be filled out in English. If the original article is in another language, a certified English translation is required.
- Applicants may submit written or broadcast pieces for the relevant categories.
- Digital or film photographs will be accepted for the Environmental Photograph of the Year category. All submissions must be high resolution (300DPI) images, and at least 2000 px on the shortest side.
- The applicant warrants that he or she is the sole owner of all intellectual property rights (including copyright) to the photograph and the intellectual property rights have not been licensed or assigned to any other person.
- The judges’ decision is final, and no further correspondence on their decision will be entertained.
- The Singapore Environment Council, the organizers of the Asian Environmental Journalism Awards 2017, reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time, at its sole discretion, without prior notice.