Pre-Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2017-18
Pre-Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2017-18 is organized by Government of India. It invites application from class 1 to 10 students of minority communities (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains, and Zoroastrians). The objective of this program is to provide financial assistance and to encourage parents for sending their child to school. The selected students will receive admission fee, tuition fee, maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year.
Distribution of the scholarship:
The distribution of scholarship among the States or Union Territories will be made on the basis of the population of minorities (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains, and Zoroastrians) in the States or Union Territories.
Reserving for girl students:
30% of the scholarship will be reserved for girl students. In case a sufficient number of eligible girl students are not available, then the balance reserved scholarships may be awarded to eligible boy students.
The scheme will be implemented through the State Government/ Union Territory administration.
Terms & Conditions:
- The scholarship will be discontinued if a student fails to secure 50% marks in the annual exam except in case of unavoidable reasons to be certified by the Principal or competent authority of the school and recommended by the State Government/Union Territory Administration
- Scholarship will not be given to more than two students from one family
- Students should be regular in attendance for which the average will be decided by the competent authority of the school
- Income certificate to be issued by the Competent Authority declared by the State Government or UT Administration.
- The school or institute will certify the claim of student of being an outstation or not residing in hostel of the school or institute concerned
- Migration of student from one school or institute to another would not normally be during the course of academic year except under exceptional circumstances and in the interest of student’s academic career
- If a student violates school discipline or any other terms and conditions of the scholarship, the scholarship may be suspended or canceled. The State Government or Union Territory Administration can also directly cancel the award if duly satisfied of the reasons of violation of these regulations governing the scheme
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement, his/her scholarship will be canceled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid will be recovered, at the discretion of the concerned State Government or Union Territory Administration
- The State Government or Union Territory Administration will lay down the detailed procedure for processing and sanction of scholarship to eligible students
- Tuition fee will be credited to the school’s or institute’s bank account
- Maintenance allowance will be credited to the student’s bank account
- The State Government or Union Territory Administration will maintain normal and records relating to the funds received from the Ministry and they will be subjected to inspection by the officers of the Ministry or any other agency designated by the Ministry
- The student obtaining benefits under this scheme shall not be allowed to avail of benefits under any other scheme for this purpose
- A student will be eligible for only one scholarship for all sources, i.e., SC/ST/OBC
- The State Governments or Union Territory Administrations will constitute a committee of the Departments implementing such scholarship schemes to ensure that the student from the minority community, who may also belong to children of those engaged in unclean occupation and OBC do not avail scholarship from other sources for the same purpose and avail only one source
- The fund for distribution of scholarship in subsequent year will be released after receiving the utilization certificate for the previous year
- The scheme will be evaluated at regular intervals by the Ministry or any other agency designated by the Ministry and the cost of the evaluation will be borne by the Ministry of Minority Affairs under the provision of the scheme
- The State or Union Territory will place all relevant details of financial and physical achievements on their website
- The regulations can be changed at any time at the discretion of the Government of India