National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest 2017
The National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest 2017 invites application for the applicants who are above 18 years. The objective is to harness the power of photography and share the stunning travel experiences from around the globe. Enter the most powerful photos for a chance to become 'National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year' and can win 10-day journey and cash up to USD 2500.
(There is no limit on the number of entries per applicant)
- The photograph need not be taken with a digital camera; scans of negatives, transparencies, or photographic prints are acceptable. All digital files must be 20 megabytes or smaller, must be in JPEG or .jpg format, and must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image).
- Submissions must have been taken within two (2) years before the date of entry and may not previously have won an award in the National Geographic International Photography Contest, the National Geographic Photography Contest, National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest or any National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year contest.
- Only minor burning, dodging and/or color correction is acceptable, as is minor cropping. High dynamic range images (HDR) and stitched panoramas are acceptable. Any changes to the original photograph not itemized here or in the Guidelines are unacceptable and will render the Submission ineligible for a prize.
- The submission, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest applicant.
- The submission must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
- The caption must be complete and accurate, sufficient to convey the circumstances in which the photograph was taken. Disguising or misrepresenting the origin of your content is cause for disqualification.
- Watermarks are unacceptable. Unless Sponsor receives a non-watermarked version of the Submission within ten (10) days following its request, the submission will be disqualified.
- Each submission must be the submitting entrant’s own, produced work and may not feature or focus on any material owned or controlled by third parties (unless the applicant can provide written documentation of permission to use any materials owned by a third party as set forth below or in a form and substance determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion).