University of Newcastle- PhD Scholarship 2017
The University of Newcastle is offering a PhD scholarship opportunity in the field of historical studies for a student to study the history of mental health and psychiatry with a specific focus on community psychiatry.
- The thesis will focus on an aspect of the history of mental health and psychiatry with a specific focus on community psychiatry in Australia.
- The successful candidate will join an experienced team with rich expertise in this research area, and who can offer you training to boost your current levels of knowledge in the research interest areas we are keen to explore.
- The project will involve analysis of a range of published and unpublished sources, some oral histories with mental health practitioners and service-users, as well as archival research and travel.
- The project may also become interdisciplinary, and involve collaboration with academics in health and medicine, depending on the scoping of the topic.
- Research will include:
- primary data collection including archival and oral history interviews
- analysis of data
- theoretical and methodological work and
- contributions to team publications