J C Bose National Fellowship (Science & Engineering Research Board) 2016
J C Bose National Fellowship (Science & Engineering Research Board) 2016 is meant to recognize active scientists and engineers for their outstanding performance and contributions. The fellowships are scientist-specific and very selective. All areas of science will be covered by the fellowship.
The duration of the fellowship will be initially for five years. The tenure of the fellowship may be extended for another 5 years for the 2nd term, based on the performance of the J C fellow(s) in the 1st term duration of their J C Bose National fellowship. In this respect J C Bose National fellowship is given for maximum 10 years’ period or up to the age of 68 years, whichever is earlier.
Nature of Support:
- The value of the fellowship will be Rs. 25,000 per month in addition to regular income.
- In addition, each Fellow will receive a contingency of Rs. 10.00 lakh per annum for conferences and other expenses.
- The JC Bose National Fellows would be eligible for regular research grants through the extramural funding schemes of various S&T agencies of the Government of India.
Methodology for Selection:
- The Institution in which the candidate is working would provide the necessary R&D, administrative and basic infrastructural support for research.
- The candidate will continue to work at the place of his employment.
- The availability of JC Bose Fellowships will be advertised by various academic and research Institutions on their websites in order to receive applications from the interested scientists and engineers. The Institutions will subsequently submit their recommended nominations to the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB). Institutions may consider setting up appropriate mechanisms to scrutinize and recommend the nominations.
- Individual scientists and engineers can also approach the institutions for forwarding their nominations to SERB for the Fellowship.
- Selection of JC Bose Fellows will be made periodically by an empowered Search-cum-Selection Committee specially appointed for the purpose.
The nominations of scientists and technologists by the Institutions would be received throughout the year.